Thursday, March 8, 2012

Strength

Welcome to Dreamweaver Thursday!

Since I love Dreamweaver's March Challenge theme of CAS (Clean And Simple), I am just going to keep going with it!

Today I am sharing a card I made for a special friend who has more to deal with in life than I can comprehend. She has incurable cancer. The good part is that it is very slow growing. The bad part is that she has to live every day knowing that it is growing inside of her and will someday take her life.

If you didn't know her story, you would never know what she is living with. She is such an upbeat positive person, a role model and mentor for me. Her strength is inspiring and so to let her know how much she means to me, I made this card for her.

Dreamweaver LL3024 Cherry Blossom and LS69 Strength Character

Both stencils, LL3024 Cherry Blossom Shape and LS69 Strength character are from Dreamweaver Stencils. The strength character was paste embossed with matte black paste on a white linen cardstock. And the Cherry Blossom shape was done using the double-glitter technique on Dreamweaver's Double-sided Mounting Paper.

(If you haven't tried the double-glitter technique, I highly recommend it. There is something very therapeutic about playing with and rubbing your fingers all through a pile of glitter!)

This card was very quick and easy to make. And since I was making it with someone in mind, it made my heart happy while creating it!

Why don't you take just a few minutes sometime this month and make a CAS card for someone who inspires you? And before you send it off, remember to take a picture so you can enter it in Dreamweaver's Monthly Challenge. Wouldn't that be the ultimate? Creating a card for someone and winning a prize for doing it!

Need some additional inspiration, check out the other Dream Team blogs. You'll be glad you did!!!




Hugs and happy creating. I hope you'll stop by tomorrow to see what other CAS project I have come up with!

Cherylynn

8 comments:

Scrappychick said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and the kanji!

Terrece said...

You have the C&S down perfect. Both last week and this week are incredible. I really like the way you think. Thank you for the beautiful ideas!!

Pam Hornschu said...

Sad and yet positive story, very inspiring. I'm sure your friend loves this card. It's gorgeous...beautiful colors, design, and the character was the perfect touch!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

OH...this is lovely Cherylynn! I love the contrast in the glitter colors! Beautiful APU!

Kristi said...

I really like this Card! GREAT job!

Louise said...

Fabulous card Cherylynn, I know it will mean a lot to your friend.

Alison said...

Beautiful card, even more beautiful story. You are a wonderful friend.

Laura Drahozal said...

Sad story, but absolutely lovely card. I think these colors are stunning together.