Thursday, March 15, 2012

Classic Clean and Simple

In keeping with Dreamweaver's Clean and Simple Challenge this month, I thought I would share with you a very classic Clean and Simple card that can be used for a variety of occasions.
I think making the card took less than 5 minutes to make. It took longer to add the brown pearls than it did to do everything else combined.

Although the colors don't show well, this is my "Go To" color as of late: aqua and brown. It is so rich and fresh looking.

Okay, I know there are some of you out there that is saying, "Hey, I can do this with my score board." I own every score board ever made so I say this from experience. Yes, you can do this with a score board. BUT can you do it in one pass through your Cuttlebug/Big Shot/Wizard and in less than 10 seconds? And can you do it without having to measure,move your cardstock or read the little tick marks on a ruler? And can you do it and get even pressure everywhere? And can  you do it without tearing through your cardstock in at least one area? Well, if you said yes to all of the above, then you are way better with your scoreboard than I will ever be! Thats why I love using my stencil for this technique!!!

Unfortunately after I made this card I realized this stencil LG618 has been discontinued. I am so glad I have mine and will definitely be hanging on to it. I bet there are some very lucky local stores that still have this in stock so if you see it, you better grab it because it truly is a keeper!

UPDATE: I JUST REALIZED THAT YOU CAN GET THIS STENCIL IN A LARGER FORMAT! WHEN IT WAS DISCONTINUED, IT WAS RELEASED IN A LARGER FORMAT AS LJ882! THAT'S EVEN BETTER BECAUSE NOW YOU HAVE A LARGER AREA TO WORK WITH. HOW COOL IS THAT?!

And to make up my goof on posting with a discontinued stencil, I hope you'll come back tomorrow for a NEW card that showcases a NEW 2012 stencil!

Need more CAS ideas to help inspire you to create your own piece for the Dreamweaver challenge? Then head on over to the other Dreamweaver Design Team blogs. You can find the links on the right. They really are very talented group and I am honored to be on the Dream Team with them.

Until tomorrow, hugs and happy creating!

Cherylynn

9 comments:

Laura Drahozal said...

This is very cool. What a great way to use that stencil! Classic and elegant.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Hey Cherylynn...this is gorgeous! BTW we redid this as LJ882 in a larger format, so that is a possibility if people want it and it still is a size that will work in your embossing machine. Like I said just gorgeous and CAS in the extreme, great idea!

Pam Hornschu said...

This is such a gorgeously elegant card. Think I may have to CASE this!

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

beautiful. Love the classic look!

Louise said...

Love, love, love this card! This is just beautiful!

Joy H said...

I love this card Cherylynn. Extreme elegance!

Terrece said...

Oh my, what a fantastic CAS card!! My sister in law's birthday is next week. You have just given me the idea for her card!! Thank you, for your creativity. (I will give you credit when she asks how I came up with the idea!!) Really.......

Evelyn S. said...

This is totally fabulous, Cherylynn! I happen to like this size, but it's not to be. (I always forget that Dreamweaver stencils are available in Milton-Freewater!)

Wendy said...

This is beautiful Cherylynn!! I love this. Do you mind of I CASE??