And "flutters" means anything that flutters. Heart flutters, wings that flutter, breezes, curtains, sails, etc.
Since we're closing out on February and about to enter the Ides of March, I thought I'd go with a "green theme" today and share a card I made using an older Dreamweaver stencil and its NEW coordinating die. (Yes, you read that right, Dreamweaver is now coming out with dies to coordinate with some of their stencils! How cool is that!!!)
With Spring just around the corner (okay, I know it doesn't seem like it to some of you) I thought I'd go for a nice leafy all occasion card to add to my emergency stash:
- I began by first sponging green ink over the LG 642 Leaf stencil with two different colors of green chalk ink.
- After inking I cut the stenciled image into 4 segments and adhered them to a green card base.
- Next I cut out two matching green leaves using the NEW DD03 Leafy Branch die DD).
- Using some gorgeous emerald green ribbon from May Arts I created a ribbon rose on a larger Gluber dot.
- Since the ribbon was too wide for my liking, I folded it in half and secured it with a Gluber strip.
This was a pretty straightforward card but I really like how it turned out. I loved being having the ability to coordinate the stencil and the die!
Remember, if you don't have a local store that carries Dreamweaver product, you can always find the entire product line online at Stencil with Style. And speaking of Dreamweaver product, have you checked out the other Dream Team blog posts for today? If not, here's a list of who's participating in this last week of February Flutters: