Monday, January 9, 2012

Nostalgic Valentine

Valentine's Day has a very special place in my heart. No, not because of the reasons one would instantly think of but because it is what brought me to my passion of stamping, stenciling, cardmaking and papercrafting in general! What? Yes you read that right. You are reading this because of Valentine's Day.

Let me explain. You see my wonderful husband and I decided early on that we should tell each other we loved one another every day and not just when Hallmark told us to so we opted not to gifts for Valentine's Day. Well, one year, many moons ago, I wanted to break that rule slightly and make him a card. Hence, I walked in to my local Michael's store, bought a rubber stamp, ink, cardstock...and some $60 later had enough supplies to make him a card! And thus began my journey into this wonderful world of papercrafting! (I bet he regrets the whole not gift buying thing because by now he could have bought me lots and lots of diamonds and still be far less in debt than we are thanks to stamping and stenciling!)

So without further delay and in keeping with the Valentine's theme, I bring you today's Valentine card:


How are you all coming on your Dreamweaver Valentine Challenge entries? Remember, just like the lottery, you can't win if you don't enter! As a reminder/refresher, here's the details.

For the month of January, Dreamweaver is challenging you to create something for Valentine's Day! You have until January 31st, 11:59 PM EST, to post and link your creation(s) to the Dream It Up! Blog Mr. Linky. Two prizes will be given away. One for the most creative version of the challenge (does not have to be Dreamweaver Stencils product, but we sure are happy when it is!), and the second for the best use of Dreamweaver Stencils product in the challenge. This could be stencils, Embossing Pastes, Metallic F/X, the new Color Solutions, etc The winners will be announced February 2nd, along with the February challenge. Let me know if you have any questions.




No comments: