Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bright and Cheery

Welcome to my first card posting for 2012! I thought I would share one of the cards I will be demonstrating at my upcoming Machine Embossing classes later this month.

"Machine Embossing" is a technique class that teaches how to use your stencils with your die-cutting machine (Wizard, Big Shot, Cuttlebug...) without ruining your stencils. We cover 4 different techniques in this class including basic embossing, adding color, letterpress and metal embossing. With each of these techniques the students will have a variety of stencils to choose from so each final creation will be unique to themselves.

The classes will be taught on:

January 14 at Karen and Friends in Springfield, Oregon and
January 21 at Stampin' Cat in Salem, Oregon

I will also be teaching a paste class the same day for both of those stores and will share some of those projects here later this week.

If you'll be in the area, I'd love for you to join us.

Now without further delay, here is a card illustrating machine embossing and then adding color.


The card uses both the Torch Ginger and the Large Dots from Dreamweaver. Its a fun and fairly quick card to make and depending on the stencil used and the colors chosen can be very different in the final outcome.

I hope you'll come back tomorrow because I will be posting my first official challenge as a Dreamweaver Design Team ("Dream Team") member!

Until then, hugs and happiness to you all.

No comments: