Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Sparkling Spring

Welcome to Week Two of Dreamweaver's Bloomin' Spring Challenge!

For today's post, I thought I'd share an alternate way to do the "Double Glitter" Technique. It is perfect for those who love the sparkle of glitter but also the shading and detail coloring you get with markers. It also adds some dimension to your project which is hard to achieve with the traditional Double Glitter technique.

LG688 Dogwood, Glitter, Translucent Paste and Alcohol Markers
  • I began by first cutting a piece of Dreamweaver's Double-sided Mounting Paper to size and adhering it to a black piece of cardstock cut 1/8" larger than the DSMP. 
  • Next I removed the top liner and adhered Ranger Diamond Dry Stickles Glitter all over the DMSP and burnished it well.
  • Using translucent paste and Dreamweaver's LG688 Dogwood stencil shown here:


  • I pasted embossed the Dogwood over the glittered mat. Once that was dry (and translucent!!!), I realigned the CLEAN stencil back over the pasted image and colored with alcohol markers.
  • Because the paste was translucent, the shimmer of the glitter comes through. I only wish my photography skills were better so you could actually seen how stunning this is in person.

Please take some time to hop on over to the other Dream Team blogs for more spring stenciling inspiration. I am so honored to be part of this team, these girls are truly amazing and their work never ceases to inspire me.


Don't forget to follow us on the Dream It Up! blog, our Facebook page, Pinterest, and Paper Craft Planet's Dreamweaver Thursday Tutorials!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glitter, love it! The trees should be blooming in Portland! I won't be going through Portland this trip. Fly into Coos Bay and out of Boise!

Liz Martin said...

A breath of spring. So pretty!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

This is stunning...I know you said you wished the photography were better, but I think it looks wonderful!

Louise said...

So beautiful Cherylynn! I love how you did this, very creative!

sommrstamping said...

this is so gorgeous Cherylynn Love the technique you used and the colors.

Scrappychick said...

Beautiful, springy, and shimmery!

Pam Hornschu said...

It's always fun to try out a new technique, and always cool to see how they evolve. Very pretty, Cherylynn!

Laura Drahozal said...

Thanks for the great idea to paste over the top of the glitter before you colored it!

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog with such a great comment.