Thursday, November 22, 2012

Illuminating Snowflakes

Good morning and a HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my US friends! Today is such a wonderful day of love and gratitude. By far this is my favorite day of the year.

Today for my Clean and Simple Festive Holiday Challenge, I am sharing a card that was inspired by two of my dearest friends. Last week we had a stamping get together and everyone brought projects to share. One dear friend, Sue, created a card using a Karen Stolfer's "Stick Chick" stamp and the other dear friend, Denise, created a Twisted Easel card using vellum.

I combined both those ideas and came up with a Twisted Easel card using a "Stick Chick" stamp and Dreamweaver's Snowflake stamp:


The snowflakes were paste embossed on vellum using original paste and then sprnkled with glitter. When you place the faux tea light behind the vellum, it illuminates and really makes the glitter sparkle.

I'm off now to finish the desserts and then put our 21 pound turkey in the oven. Wish me luck, its the largest turkey I've ever made!

Please take some time for yourself over the next few days and visit the other Dream Team blogs for holiday inspiration.

Hugs and many blessings to you all,
Cherylynn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, a great stamping and stenciling combo!