Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mists, Drizzles and Showers Part Two


Welcome back to Dreamweaver's Weekly Challenge Post! This week I am continuing on with our April "Mists, Drizzles and Showers" theme. I love this theme because it can be interpreted so many ways. Today I am sticking with another traditional interpretation and again using the LG 737 Umbrella and LJ 905 Rain stencils. (Remember, if your local store doesn't carry Dreamweaver products or if you don't have a local store, you can always find ALL of the Dreamweaver product online at Stencil with Style.) I also used Dreamweaver's  LX 7002 Plaid and LL 548 Daisies stencil. Four stencils on one card I think is an all time record for me!

Stencils used: LL548 Daisies, LG737 Umbrella, LJ905 Rain and LX7002 Plaid
Sentiment stamp by Impression Obsession

This card was really easy to create and is great for those just beginning to play with stencils. Because I was using three different stencils for my focus point I chose not to dry emboss the images. Rather the images were just stenciled using the dry brush method and pigment inks. Basically it just mean you use a dry stencil brush and apply the ink in a circular motion. It really is a fun technique and a great way to achieve a lot of depth in your color. Plus if you use the Picasso stenciling shield, you can really control where your place your colors. Lynell has some great instructions here for doing this technique.

I really do appreciate your taking the time to stop by each week and visit these posts. I hope you enjoy them at least half as much as I enjoy creating them!

Now please take some time to head on over to the other Dream Team blog posts. This week we are welcoming new members Lea Kimmel, Stacey Rumsby and Caroline Duncan along with a guest blogger: Alison Heikkila.All the links to the participating bloggers are found below.

Cherylynn Moser (that's me!)

Until we meet again next week, I hope the sun is shining for you and if not you have the support of friends and loved ones to keep you safe until it does.

Hugs,
Cherylynn

5 comments:

Pam Hornschu said...

What a stinkin' cute sentiment! Love that! Fun card with the flowers under the umbrella!

Louise said...

What a darling card, and the sentiment is perfect! Love this idea.

Lea said...

This is such a cute card! Love all the stencils you used and that sentiment is perfect! Sweet!

Heidi Erickson said...

What a sweet card. I love the idea of using the plaid stencils to create an embossed background.

JD/ Jill said...

Really nice card...beautifully done. That's a favorite sentiment of mine...works perfectly with your card!