Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Hearts and Flowers Day!

Welcome back to Dreamweaver's Love and Friendship February Challenge!

Today I am going to share with you the EASIEST, QUICKEST and GREEN project I could come up with! (And it also serves as a nice hint for your significant other!)

First off, let's gather our supplies. First off we need Dreamweaver's LL585 Romantic Rose stencil:

A clear vase (can be glass, plastic or some hybrid) and some removable tape, White Opaque Stazon and a Finger Dauber! YES, THAT'S IT!!! I told you this would be quick and easy.

Simply secure the stencil to the vase with the removable tape. Then dab White Stazon over the stencil openings with the finger dauber (remember, less is  more: less ink, less pressure). You can always build layers of color for opacity if need be.

And voila! You're done. (AHEM--I TOLD YOU QUICK AND EASY!!!!) Less than 5 minutes start to finish.

What you're left with is a very classic and elegant vase that looks like its been etched. (See below for more on etching!)



And the really cool part about this is that after the beautiful flowers that your SO gave you have withered away, you can use Stazon cleaner to remove the stenciling if you so choose and change it up for another occasion!

The truth of the matter is that I had originally planned to etch this vase with this stencil using Armour Etching cream. But to do that, you vase has to be GLASS. And little did I know that Ikea vases are not glass but some hybrid. So that's how I came up with the Stazon idea which I actually like better because of its versatility!

I hope this has inspired you to start thinking about using stencils for more than just papercrafting. They really are quite versatile.

Remember, if your local store doesn't carry Dreamweaver product, ASK THEM TO! And if you don't have a local store, you always purchase Dreamweaver's entire product line at Stencil with Style.

And before I go and await the flowers that I am sure my husband is sending me, did you know that DREAMWEAVER IS HOLDING A DESIGN TEAM CALL! Yes, you've read that right, its time for some new friends to join the Dreamweaver Design Team. Sounds interesting? Well head on over to Pam's blog for all the details.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll take some time to visit the other Dream Team blogs. They always inspire me. And remember, give some thought to joining the Dreamweaver Design Team. I promise you, its a great experience you won't regret.

Hugs until next week,
Cherylynn

5 comments:

Louise said...

Very pretty Cherylynn! I had no idea the IKEA vases weren't real glass! Oh well, they're inexpensive and perfect for crafting. Happy Valentine's Day!

Pam Hornschu said...

Wonderful gift idea!

Pam Hornschu said...

Wonderful gift idea!

Anonymous said...

Lovely and as Pam said, a great gift idea.

Scrappychick said...

Gorgeous on the glass!