Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Fresh New Stencil

Since CHA is just a few days away, I thought I'd share a fresh and new stencil that Dreamweaver will be debuting.

(See how I as able to twist the January Fresh Start Challenge to suit my whim!)

Today I am sharing the new LG748 Bold Thank You stencil seen below and available for purchase at either your local stamp store or online. Remember, if you don't have a local store, you can always find the entire Dreamweaver line at Stencil with Style.

I had a lot of fun using its companion stencil, LJ920 Bold Happy Birthday when it came out last year that I couldn't resist doing something fun with the new stencil.
 

So instead of creating a brightly colored Twinkling H2O background like I did before, I went a bit more whimsical and played with the Piggyback Paste Technique to create this:

LG748 Bold Thank You and
LJ804 Big Dots
For the main image I first stenciled Thank You with Dreamweaver's red paste and set it aside to dry. While it was drying, again using the red paste, I embossed the Big Dots onto a piece of black cardstock. After the Thank You was dry, using the Piggyback technique, I overstenciled the big dots over the Thank You using black glossy paste. A fun and whimsical way to say Thank You!

Want to see more fresh new stencils? You can see them all HERE! And for even more inspiration, don't forget to check out the other Dream Team blogs. All of the links can be found in the right hand column.

Okay, I'm off to start packing my bags for CHA. I'll be back next week with the "skinny".

Until then, happy creating!

4 comments:

Scrappychick said...

Eeekk! Love the polka dots and the color combo!!

Anonymous said...

Love the dots!Fun cards.

Anonymous said...

Really like the dots on the
thank you. Thanks for something
new for me to try.
Sheila

Louise said...

Great card! Love the dots!