Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Month of Glitter (UPDATED)

So, if April Showers Bring May Flowers, what does June bring?

It brings an incredible collaboration between Dreamweaver Stencils and Art Glitter!



AND


ARE TEAMING UP THE ENTIRE MONTH OF JUNE TO BRING YOU AN AMAZING CREATIVE COLLABORATION MIXING DREAMWEAVER STENCILS AND ART GLITTER. COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE...WE PROMISE IT WILL BE A SPARKLING ONE!

Visit the Art Glitter blog and the Dream It Up! blog for fabulous inspiration from both talented design teams. We are encouraging all of you to play along with the challenge of creating with Dreamweaver Stencils and Art Glitter*, preferably using the Double-Glitter Technique with a wedding theme. Just link your creation to the Mr. Linky on the Dream It Up! blog, or email pics to lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com, for an opportunity to win one of four fabulous glitter and stencil prize packages. One winner will be chosen each week. (US and Canada only, please).


My creation started with Dreamweaver's LG740 Open Butterfly  stencil and double-sided mounting paper. Using the waterfall technique I applied Sedona Sun, Mai Mango and Red Oak glitter to the openings in the butterfly (hereinafter called a "glitterfly"!) Then after carefully peeling the Glitterfly off of the stencil I finished with a layer of the blue Nirvana (remember blue and orange are opposite colors so they play well off each other.)

Then I ran my orange A2 card through my BigShot with the NEW Daisy background.

For the little butterflies (note: not glitterflies!) I ironed 3 layers of Fantasy Film together and then punched them out with my Martha Stewart butterfly punch. I apologize, I have had the Fantasy Film for years and no longer have the packaging so I don't know what color it is.

Bright and cheery, exactly what I needed today!

Dreamweaver Stencils: LG740 Open Butterfly and LX7014 Daisy Background
Art Glitter: Sedona Sun, Mai Mango, Red Oak and Nirvana along with
Art Glitter Fantasy Film
Please visit the Art Glitter design team blog for a complete list of players throughout the month.
For more inspiration from the Dream Team, here's the blog list for this week:

*For the month of June Art Glitter is selling 1 oz jars of glitter for $5.98 (regular price $7.32)! Get the deets HERE!

5 comments:

Pam Hornschu said...

Thanks Cherylynn for putting up what you did. We appreciate your effort on that, especially when you aren't feeling well.

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!

sommrstamping said...

Cherylynn... I hope you feel better soon, the card was definately worth the wait. I love the colors you used on the butterfly. Send you a big feel better hug.

Pam Hornschu said...

Oooooooh, this is so pretty. Love that color combo! Now...go rest!

Liz Martin said...

I wish these beautiful creatures would visit my back yard. It's not summer yet, but this card is packed with the warm summer sun. Sending feel better wishes and hugs.